Last week I was running my intensive hypnotherapy practitioner diploma course for 9 days straight and so this promised article has taken a little longer than originally expected to publish. We spend an afternoon looking at using hypnosis for overcoming pain and then dedicate some time to the medical application of hypnosis using it for […]
Today, I wanted to share a technique that I use at the tail end of my efforts/intervals sessions and throughout a lot of my Sunday long runs. One of the main challenges a runner faces is our response to our body. In particular when running, we have to cope with our legs aching, feeling heavy […]
My own written focus has been elsewhere recently and my hypnosis for running blog has taken a little bit of a back seat in recent months. However, my training has continued throughout Summer…. I do not really get on well with running in the Summer. I suffer in the heat and yearn for the days […]
The ‘Hypnosis For Running’ is now available on iTunes as well as on Google Play. We are selling it as an app at a fraction of the price it has been in our download version. via the app stores I am as passionate about running as I am about hyponsis. I am really looking forward […]
Probably the thing I get asked about the most, is motivation to get out running. As in, how to have more motivation and drive to run regularly, even in the face of self-sabotage and self-distraction. I think many people think I was born with some intrinsic motivational gift that ensures I go out regularly and […]
Today marks the sixty year anniversary of Roger Bannister running the first sub four minute mile. It is well worth noting here on this blog as it represents so much of what I value and write about – that of the mind influencing and effecting running performance. If we take a look at the very […]
I recently became the proud owner of a beer fridge. This is a fridge that lives in our garage which is now home to cold beer, white wine, bubbly and other chilled drinks that do not fill up our food fridge. This is a riveting, interesting read, isn’t it? You see, I have been reading […]
This Easter weekend just gone by has reminded me of one of the things I love about being a runner – the sense of community. Yesterday saw the US runner Meb Keflezighi win the 188th Boston marathon (Men’s race), the first time an American runner has won the race since 1983 to the delight of […]
The Physical and Psychological Health Benefits of Standing Up More and The Health Issues Related To Sitting So Much!
It is with some major pride and utter joy that I write and announce that my daughter has started taking her first unaided steps. She has cast away my helping hands. She has rejected her walkers, and is now running free, like the scene from Forrest Gump when his leg braces come off…. Last night […]
It is with a heavy heart that I write those words as the title of my blog entry here today. It really is. I have had a solid subscription to Runner’s World for several years and before then, I subscribed on and off since I was in my early 20s. I used the Runner’s World […]
- So How Can Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Help My Running? November 25, 2011
- Jedi… Jedi… Jedi Runners – Ho-ooh! July 2, 2012
- Dealing with Being An Injured Runner! April 9, 2013
- Hypnosis For Running Training Log 3 February 1, 2012
- Hypnosis For Running – Inspirational Imagery 01 May 10, 2012
- Using Self-Hypnosis and Glove Anaesthesia With a Difference To Overcome Stitch When Running September 24, 2014
- Using Self-Hypnosis to Get Light Legs and Bouncy Feet When Running August 22, 2014
- Hypnosis for Running: Oxygenate the Blood Better with Self-Hypnosis August 19, 2014
- Hypnosis For Running App for Android and iTunes June 5, 2014
- Evidence Based Way To Get Motivated To Run May 7, 2014
- Adam Eason: I have done so Keith. Not heard anything from them...
- Keith Watson: Maybe instead of ditching the magazine (after all ...
- Adam Eason: Great news! When I sit, I sit on a big gym ball to...
- Claire: Just got the go ahead to bring my ball in! I am su...
- Claire: I would certainly love to build in more standing a...