I know many runners often suffer from chesty coughs, so I thought I’d include this article from my main hypnosis blog here on this blog too, have a read: During this past 1-2 weeks I considered putting up a sign on our front door that says the words “unclean” as was customary in the days […]
Further to my previous article whereby I introduced the notion of self-efficacy and some of the studies and papers that supported the notion of advancing self-efficacy. At the end of that article, I mentioned a number of ways to go about doing that and the article contained lots of links to additional resources and subjects […]
One of the things I seem to spend a lot of my personal and professional time telling runners, especially those just getting into running goes something along the lines of “you can do this if you believe in yourself and have some confidence.” Self-confidence is cited a great deal throughout psychological research and literature as […]
We’ve all seen athletes who know how to get themselves pumped up for sporting events so that they perform at their best. One person who really sticks out in my mind is former Olympic 100m Champion Maurice Greene from the US. Just look at this clip at the 1 minute mark where he is introduced […]
Prior to running my first marathon, my first half-marathon was in Camberley in Surrey, back in 1999. I had trained well and was ready for it. I ran the first 3 miles 2 minutes per mile faster than my race plan was supposed to. Just before mile 4, certain that my head was going to […]
It has been a little while since I posted one of these (and if you need reminding why I post these, read the first Hypnosis for Running – Inspirational Imagery here and then flick through and see the previous ones, they are great and I watch them regularly) but it is high time I posted one of […]
When I first saw the pictures of Martin and Liz Yelling in the Bournemouth Echo announcing that they were hoping to bring a marathon to Bournemouth in 2013, I knew from that moment that I wanted to run it. Having run so many marathons throughout the years that have required so much travel, it was […]
The Hypnosis for Running blog entries here have been sparse over the Summer to say the least. Following injury, the demands of Fatherhood, a very busy work schedule and a whole host of other excuses that we all offer up from time to time, my training miles and hours had dipped and my focus has […]
It seems to have been forever since I wrote here last…. My marathon training is fully underway and I’ll come and share my training schedule in the next couple of days. As I recovered from injury and now launch back into training, I have been using a lovely process to aid my recovery…. In my […]
Next week heralds a couple of big moments for me. Firstly, I’ll be back running after my injury. Woo-hoo! Secondly, I’ll be back running with the guys and gals at my running club. Woo-hoo again, but scared about how far back I’ll be for a few weeks! Thirdly, I’ll make the finishing touches to my […]
- So How Can Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Help My Running? November 25, 2011
- Jedi… Jedi… Jedi Runners – Ho-ooh! July 2, 2012
- Dealing with Being An Injured Runner! April 9, 2013
- Hypnosis For Running Training Log 3 February 1, 2012
- Hypnosis For Running – Inspirational Imagery 01 May 10, 2012
- Using Self-Hypnosis To Relieve My Chesty Cough December 4, 2013
- Using Self-Hypnosis To Advance Self-Efficacy When Running November 20, 2013
- Self-Efficacy For Runners – How It Can Advance Running Performance November 13, 2013
- Runners Dealing With ‘Underintensity’ and Finding The Right Intensity Level For You October 29, 2013
- Managing The Runner’s Intensity Level October 22, 2013
- Hypnosis For Running – Inspirational Imagery 01 | Hypnosis For Running » William Sichel - International Ultra Distance Runner: […] Hypnosis For Running – Inspirational I...
- Self-Efficacy For Runners – How It Can Advance Running Performance | Hypnosis For Running: […] Information that influences our self-eff...
- Runners Dealing With ‘Underintensity’ and Finding The Right Intensity Level For You | Hypnosis For Running: [...] mental imagery can be used just as well for ...
- Runners Dealing With ‘Underintensity’ and Finding The Right Intensity Level For You | Hypnosis For Running: [...] motivates so that the runner’s intensity l...
- Managing The Runner’s Intensity Level | Hypnosis For Running: [...] Progressive Internal Dialogue: If we are cat...