The ‘Hypnosis For Running’ is now available on iTunes as well as on Google Play. We are selling it as an app at a fraction of the price it has been in our download version. via the app stores I am as passionate about running as I am about hyponsis. I am really looking forward […]
Probably the thing I get asked about the most, is motivation to get out running. As in, how to have more motivation and drive to run regularly, even in the face of self-sabotage and self-distraction. I think many people think I was born with some intrinsic motivational gift that ensures I go out regularly and […]
Today marks the sixty year anniversary of Roger Bannister running the first sub four minute mile. It is well worth noting here on this blog as it represents so much of what I value and write about – that of the mind influencing and effecting running performance. If we take a look at the very […]
I recently became the proud owner of a beer fridge. This is a fridge that lives in our garage which is now home to cold beer, white wine, bubbly and other chilled drinks that do not fill up our food fridge. This is a riveting, interesting read, isn’t it? You see, I have been reading […]
This Easter weekend just gone by has reminded me of one of the things I love about being a runner – the sense of community. Yesterday saw the US runner Meb Keflezighi win the 188th Boston marathon (Men’s race), the first time an American runner has won the race since 1983 to the delight of […]
The Physical and Psychological Health Benefits of Standing Up More and The Health Issues Related To Sitting So Much!
It is with some major pride and utter joy that I write and announce that my daughter has started taking her first unaided steps. She has cast away my helping hands. She has rejected her walkers, and is now running free, like the scene from Forrest Gump when his leg braces come off…. Last night […]
It is with a heavy heart that I write those words as the title of my blog entry here today. It really is. I have had a solid subscription to Runner’s World for several years and before then, I subscribed on and off since I was in my early 20s. I used the Runner’s World […]
In the past, I have made no secret of some of my sporting heroes and sources of inspiration; I have written about footballer Stuart Pearce, runners Paula Radcliffe and Michael Johnson, and today is another day I am writing about a sporting and athletic hero of mine; the very popular Mo Farah. This weekend, Mo […]
What tends to happen when you have a one year old daughter, a two year old son, start a PhD, have a busy business and are engaged in numerous other projects, is that one or two of those projects have to give way…. The last few months have seen me also battle with illness and […]
In the first half of last year, I wrote here on this Hypnosis for Running blog about an injury I suffered which scuppered my plans to run London marathon last Spring. I wrote about the effect upon me and received some wonderful supportive messages. Among the comments people wrote in the blog entry here, was […]
- So How Can Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Help My Running? November 25, 2011
- Jedi… Jedi… Jedi Runners – Ho-ooh! July 2, 2012
- Dealing with Being An Injured Runner! April 9, 2013
- Hypnosis For Running – Inspirational Imagery 01 May 10, 2012
- Hypnosis For Running Training Log 3 February 1, 2012
- Hypnosis For Running App for Android and iTunes June 5, 2014
- Evidence Based Way To Get Motivated To Run May 7, 2014
- Is Roger Bannister The Ultimate Advertisement For Runners Learning To Use Their Mind? May 6, 2014
- Do Ice Baths Benefit Runners? The Psychology Of Coping With An Ice Bath April 23, 2014
- What I love About Running – Fellow Runners and The Running Community April 22, 2014
- Adam Eason: I have done so Keith. Not heard anything from them...
- Keith Watson: Maybe instead of ditching the magazine (after all ...
- Adam Eason: Great news! When I sit, I sit on a big gym ball to...
- Claire: Just got the go ahead to bring my ball in! I am su...
- Claire: I would certainly love to build in more standing a...